Wednesday, September 29

Sing To Survive

I got a CD in the mail from Dan of The Fancy Dan Band. The Fancy Dan Band is based out of San Francisco, CA. After giving “Sing to Survive” about 5 spins now I can resoundingly say, I like this band. Hey Fancy Dan, bring your band to Reno, Nevada for a show or two, won’t you?

I hear a lot of influences on this record: The Beach Boys, Roy Orbison, Elvis and even a little Tom Petty however; The Fancy Dan Band is able to take a lot of those influences and make a sound that is truly their own. While doing a bit of research on the band I came across anSFGate article that said The Fancy Dan Band’s sound is like “pushing the girl you love on a swing.” What could be better than that? I could not agree more, its great music to listen to in your car at the end of a long hot summer.

I hope to catch this band live sometime soon, “Sing to Survive” is a fun record, go out and pick yourself up a copy. Support local (bay area) musicians. If I lived in S.F. I would surely attend their cd release show at Café Du Nord tonight.

No comments: