Tuesday, November 27

Random

I am working on my best of lists for 2007. It's been a good year for shows and releases. My lists will be posted right around the first of the year. For now, take a look at what I came up with as far as shows for last year. I can't believe I didn't post this until April last year. WTH?!?!

Top 10 Shows of 2006:
http://onereallykillerline.blogspot.com/2007/02/my-top-10-shows-from-2006.html

I am also toying with the idea of chronicling my attempt to listen to every cd I own on this here blog. I have tried this once before, and didn't even get through the A's. I got really hung up on Tori Amos last time. I think I own nearly all of her releases. I love Tori, but I have to be in the right mood to listen to her. It's a long ride listening to all of her recordings consecutively.

Last time I tried this I included Lara's music in the attempt, and tried it at home on the stereo. I was very strict about listening to them one right after the other in concession. I think I'll be a little more lax this time. I'll start with the A's, but I think I'll allow myself to mix it up a bit, so I don't get bogged down with artists who have 10 or 12 cds out. I am going to try it with just my cds this time, and I'll try it at work in combination with scrobbling them on last.fm. I really want to pull it off, for several reasons: #1. I own all these damned cds (nearly 3,000 last time I actually counted), but always seem to pull out the same couple hundred to listen to on a regular basis. Does this mean I should get rid of the other ones? This is something I struggle with constantly especially being in the lala game. #2. I have mp3s and computer storage of music mastered enough now to enter the digital world. I have an ipod; I can rip and store some of this music digitally, and not have to have cds taking over my house. #3. I love a good challenge, and as my friend Julie says: I am very into my little rituals. Plus, it will give me more to post about on this here blog. I hope it doesn't bore y'all to death. I'm prepping some lists to follow and I'll start his little experiment on Jan. 1.

No comments: